Sunday 27 February 2011

Weekend Results

Last week i received a delivery of some new fabric and couldn't wait for the weekend to arrive so I could get out the dyeing pans!!

This year I made a promise that I would be more experimental in my dyeing again, and new fabrics is one of them. The fabric I bought was a very fine cotton, lightweight and perfect for spring into summer time wears.

My first dye batch was with Logwood which has produced a lovely dusky pink - perfect colours for the coming seasons ! All the edges are to be left raw and unfinished, and all that needs adding is signature label - never have I had so little to do with a piece.....


There's another length in the pot now simmering away and I will probably let it cool over night.

Let me know what you think, and hopefully they'll start popping up in my Folksy and Etsy shops in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails