...the silk from the jar experiments has been made into a scarf!
The final destination for the silk was in a aluminium bucket with several exhaust dyes poured on top. Lots of reclaimed iron nails were added. The top of the bucket was wrapped with cling film and then it was left out in the sunshine and rain for a further couple of weeks.
I didn't report on this at the time as it was when I lost my camera back in July so I couldn't take any pictures to share!
So, anyway, here is a final piece (finally) to show you all.
I have made a triangular scarf...
The piece of silk has enough left to make a second triangular scarf and hopefully a long scarf or a circle snood scarf.
I think it was worth the wait :)